Alaska auto shipping procedures must be followed to ensure both the safety and security of your property and of the crew. As there is little documentation describing the procedures in detail, we have offered it here for you. Please read these instructions carefully BEFORE releasing your vehicle to a driver or to the port. If these guidelines are not met, it could result in delays or a cancellation of your order.
What You’ll Need to Confirm Your Move and Drop Your Vehicle Off at the Port
Once you’ve booked your order with American Auto Move, you’ll need to provide us with the following information:
- Your contact information (name and phone number) for pickup and drop-off at the ports
- The color, year, make, and model of your vehicle
- Your license plate number
- Your vehicle identification number (VIN)
After we receive and process this information, we’ll be able to provide you with a booking number. You’ll need to provide your booking number, as well as the following information at the port:
- A government issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License)
- A document proving your VIN number is correct (e.g. your title, registration, or insurance card)
- Your current registration
Preparations for Shipping
Preparations for Alaska auto shipping may vary depending on the carrier that we’ve assigned for your move, weather conditions, rules, and regulations. Therefore, it is always a good idea to call your sales representative for timely and accurate information.