Not all types of transport are created equal, and it’s important for you to know that as a customer. Each of these has a different kind feel and purpose, and the price difference is big enough that you really need to know whether you need enclosed auto shipping
The first thing that we tell people who are interested in moving their car on an enclosed trailer is that, in most cases, it’s not even worth it. The price is typically 50% greater than the price of open transport for comparable routes, so customers using enclosed transport typically have a good reason for using it. If you find yourself wondering why if you should be using enclosed transportation, then the odds are that you don’t need to use it.
But that is not to say that there is no place for it. In fact, there are many valid reasons to use enclosed auto transport. First and foremost, enclosed auto transport is used to ship vehicles that, for one reason or another, cannot be transported via open trailers. Some of those reasons may include:
- You have a high-value vehicle and you want to ensure that no damage is incurred from standard tie-downs
- Your vehicle’s ground clearance is less than 6″
- Your vehicle’s interior is exposed to the elements
- Your vehicle’s exterior cannot be exposed to be the elements
If you do not fall into any of these categories, the chances are that you do not need to go the extra mile and go enclosed.
But, there are still benefits that may be had by using enclosed transport, however. They include:
- Your vehicle will remain clean throughout transport (open trailers often leave vehicles dirty)
- The insurance policies held by enclosed trailers often offer a higher degree of coverage
- Transport deliveries are often more punctual for enclosed trailers than for open trailers
Of course, there are a number of benefits, as well a number of drawbacks, to shipping your vehicle enclosed. The important takeaway is that you carefully consider what is going to work for you and what isn’t. American Auto Move can help you make that determination simply by calling us today at (888) 201-2370 and getting your cheap auto enclosed auto transport quote