- Message Us on Social Media – American Auto Move has Social Media accounts on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter. If you’ve got something to say, say it out loud! Let us and others know what you think about our services!
- Write a Review - Transport Reviews is one of the most heavily auto transport sites on the internet. If you want your voice to be heard by other potential auto transport customers, or to check out our company or any other transport company, go to Transport Reviews.
- Drop Us a Link – One of the most helpful things you can do to help promote American Auto Move is to drop us a link in a blog or on your site. You can even contact us directly for advertising opportunities if you’re interested in partnering with us.
- Tell Your Friends About Us – Word of Mouth is still the most common way that we acquire new business. Tell your friends, family, and neighbors about us if you like what we do!
We’re pleased to announce that American Auto Move has been getting some press lately. A couple of interviews that were done have been picked up and syndicated by various news services, and we’re really excited about it! You can check out some one of the articles here. This just goes to show that award winning service goes to show that quality auto transport services can generate genuine interest and buzz, both on the internet and in real life. But we need more than just a few stories in the news — we need your help too! If you like our auto transport services, then it’s important that you let your friends and family know. Spread the word through social media like Facebook and Twitter. Use review sites like Transport Reviews to let us (and others) know how your move went. Although it doesn’t seem like much, it really does help
Every car move is like a snowflake; special and unique in it’s own right. Like nearly every other situation in life, the details and the reason behind choosing to do auto transport is different for everyone. But there are some similar strains and reasoning behind each move — and indeed a story. While we won’t (and can’t) get into every reason that people might have to ship, we can certainly get into some of those reasons.
- Buy/Sell/Trade Online – A lot of people buy, sell, and trade cars online. This is a somewhat recent development (it’s been really picking up in the last 10 or so years.) Auto transport is perfect for this kind of job because the buyers and sellers seldom want to drive across the country JUST to haul a car
- School – A relatively high number of the moves we do in the Fall and Spring are for shipping to schools. Obviously, this number drops off significantly once those few weeks have passed.
- Work/Career – People move their cars across country when relocating for a job. Between the hassle of having to drive thousands of miles while juggling all the responsibilities of a family, it’s usually a lot easier to just let someone else do the heavy lifting.
- Giving a Car to Friends and Family – You might be surprise to see this as a top reason, but it truly is quite common. People often gift their cars to those who need them the most, be they friends or family.
- Car Shows – Getting your car to a show almost never involves driving the car. A lot of time and preparation goes into making a showcar a winner. Too many things can happen on the road, so it’s quite common to have an auto transport company pick it up. This is usually done on an enclosed transport trailer.
If you’ve ever looked for car shipping on the internet (or anywhere else for that matter,) then you’ve probably heard time and again that quality matters. And truth be told, it really does matter. But, from what we’ve seen and heard from our colleagues in the industry, quality is generally not the top reason for picking company A over company B. More often than not, the reason someone chooses a company is all about price. But a race to the bottom really doesn’t benefit anyone — not the haulers, the brokers, or the customers. Here are a few reasons why:
- Lower prices lowers the wages of drivers, brokers, and all the other people that help this industry grow and get better. The less people get paid, the lower the quality of the work, leading people to consider the services less valuable. It’s a vicious cycle that degrades the entire industry.
- Good drivers need good training, and lowering rates has a direct impact on the quality of drivers on the road. This is a problem for the customer whose vehicle is being hauled, but for those who share the road with under qualified drivers.
In almost every case, using a reputable auto transport company means that you will have to a little bit more money. But based on the reports that we get from newly acquired customer suggests that the headaches aren’t worth it.
And we’re not just saying this for our own sake; it’s more about you, the customer, and the value proposition that auto transportation offers. Using shipping can truly be a huge time saver and stress reliever, especially when you’re engaged in what is an already-complicated logistical situation. But when you get low-quality shipping, you actually make your situation worse.
With the advent of sites like Transport Reviews, and the ability to communicate to a large number of people over the internet generally, the industry has really been getting creamed from a public relations point of view. That’s why it’s important for you as the customer to make the right choice.
You don’t want to end up like these guys, right?